birding-aus

Cannon Netting Poll

To: <>
Subject: Cannon Netting Poll
From: "Kolibri Expeditions" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 01:02:14 -0500
Not taking any position in the issue of which I have no experience (but I do
have trust in people who carries out ringing research generally).....
Birds will come back if the feeding conditions are ideal, just as they would
come back to an area where the Perigrine Falcon hunts. The migrating birds
are not programmed to avoid areas where predetors occur, since the predators
occur where the birds are, and the birds are where the food is, and so
forth.
The statistical risk of being cought by a Peregrine or hurt by a Cannon net
is minimal compared to the advantage of a large food supply...
My 2 cents.

Gunnar
Gunnar Engblom
Kolibri Expeditions,
Lima, Peru
Birdwatching in South America
http://www.netaccessperu.net/kolibri

Rubens 205 dpto 401
San Borja
Lima 41
Peru
tele/fax +51 (0)1 476 50 16 celular 936 49 11