birding-aus

The crow

To: "birds" <>
Subject: The crow
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:45:04 +1030
Hi folks,
Following reports of the House Crow on Phillip Island earlier in the week on this net ( Mike Carter / Rohan Clarke) two of us in Adelaide thought we'd give it a try before someone disposed of it..
Driving over on Thursday we found it fairly quickly on some power lines with four Little Ravens on St Leonards Rd at 38 30 44s 145 08 06e, inland from Shelly Beach carpark.
The following morning we happened to meet Ken Simpson and Nick Day who were out looking for it, and although the bird was moving around with a flock of ravens, we managed to find it a number of times, most frequently at 38 31 03s 145 07 58e on the top of a cliff on the south coast, where Ken got some stills and Nick got in some video footage. The birds were moving about roughly between these two GPS points, frequently stopping on the tops of bushes and going to ground, presumably to feed.
Of course the rain that day soaked us all, but it was still warm, and in the middle of a successful twitch, so what?
Has anyone else been out there to see it yet, or has someone already followed Graham Pizzey's advice?
Cheers. Tony.
Get to actually see the birds with Adelaide Birding.
phone: 08 8337 5959, o/s 61 8 8337 5959
e-mail: