birding-aus

on cats and birds

Subject: on cats and birds
From: Chris Tzaros <>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:41:19 +1100
Birding-Aussers,

Penny Drake-Brockman stated:

>As Vicki says, there is little likelihood that cat keeping will be outlawed
>so we have to find ways of mitigating the damage they do - and education
>owners is one of the better ways. And we should never resort to cruelty.

This is my point exactly.  Thanks Penny for that.  The cats can't change.
The owners can.  It's the future cat owners that need all the info. they
can get, and that's what I'm on about, coming from a concerned
conservationist.

Chris

PS.  What is the best way of labelling birding-aus?  Would it be called a
birding chatline?  A bird watchers interest page?