birding-aus

Re: Common Names

To: Jan England <>
Subject: Re: Common Names
From: Ros Laundon <>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 22:16:32 +1000
Hi Jan and all,

Natty nomencalture for a mixed up beastie.

We have a few local names at Indooroopilly too.  Our Ea(t)choo calls out its
name/empty threat at the drop of a stick insect (from its raptorial bill).
Yellcatoos draw abuse from frustrated late risers.  A persistent Stradalote
calls all day from the top of a really tall gum and is totally invisible.

Cheerio,
Ros.