New research opportunities related to comparative bioacousticsand cognit

Subject: New research opportunities related to comparative bioacousticsand cognition
From: Eduardo Mercado III <>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:50:57 -0700
 I am currently seeking highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students
 who are interested in comparative cognition and behavior, auditory
 perception and neuroethology, and animal bioacoustics, to conduct research
 projects (e.g., summer research projects, PSY 499, M.A. and Ph.D. theses) in
 my laboratory.  If interested, please contact me directly via e-mail, phone,
 or in person.

 My lab is part of the Cognitive Psychology and Behavioral Neuroscience
 doctoral programs at the University of Buffalo, SUNY
 (<a  href="http://wings.buffalo.edu/psychology/";
rel="nofollow">http://wings.buffalo.edu/psychology/</A>).  We are currently
conducting studies
 on neural systems involved in auditory recognition and discrimination.  The
 results of these studies are being used to develop models of perceptual
 systems in whales, dolphins, and other mammals, and to clarify how
 experience with complex sensory events changes neural representations of
 those events.  More information is available on my lab website:
 http:/www.buffalo.edu/~emiii

 Eduardo Mercado, III, Ph.D.
 Department of Psychology
 Park Hall