Cetacean Acoustics

Subject: Cetacean Acoustics
From: Mark Fischer <>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:51:13 -0700
 Dear Bioacoustics-L,

 In the last couple of years I have been exploring whales and their
 acoustics. On the way, I noticed that this is a very inter-disciplinary
 subject, and information concerning it is few and very far between. The
 topic of cetacean acoustics covers a wide range of sciences, from marine
 biology to signal processing, from the use of computers and hydrophones
 in the field to the physics of sound propagation in the ocean. My hope
 is that a public forum to share and discuss these things would be
 helpful. To that end, I'm hoping that a discussion group dedicated to
 this topic would be of use for students and researchers alike. I hope
 you'll agree.

 If you're interested, send mail to:

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Or sign up online at