birding-aus

Help with Flycatcher Id

To: rob morris <>, Ken Black <>
Subject: Help with Flycatcher Id
From: Greg and Val Clancy <>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 02:18:25 +0000
Hi all,

In the photos of Satin Flycatchers that have been posted the birds show a
round head.  Is the head of the Leaden Flycatcher more pointed on the crown
or do both show a pointed crown at times?  The bird identified by Jeff
Davies that I saw at Coutts Crossing a couple of years ago had a very round
crown as well.

Regards

Greg
Dr Greg. P. Clancy
Ecologist and Birding-wildlife Guide
Organiser, Gould League Bird Study Camp Club,
Committee Member, Wildlife Tourism Australia,
Greens Councillor, Clarence Valley Council,
Publicity Officer, Susan & Elizabeth Islands Recreation Trust,

| PO Box 63 Coutts Crossing NSW 2460
| 02 6649 3153 | 0429 601 960
http://www.gregclancyecologistguide.com
http://gregswildliferamblings.blogspot.com.au

I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands on which I
live and work – the Gumbaynggirr, Yaegl and Bundjalung peoples – and to pay
respect to their elders both past and present