birding-aus

Binoculars

To: 'Fiona Anderson' <>, "" <>
Subject: Binoculars
From: Roger Giller <>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 05:01:08 +0000
Hi Fiona,

I would recommend a pair of 8 X 40s for a 9 year old. The wider field of
view makes locating birds easier, and they are easier to hold steady. Close
focus is  another point to consider, especially when chasing LBJs in the
bush. The 40 mm objective also gathers 56% more light than the 32 mm, and
the lower magnification also helps give a brighter image, again good when
under tree cover.

Regards
Roger.