birding-aus

Blackbird migratory behaviour in Australia?

To: 'Lawrie Conole' <>
Subject: Blackbird migratory behaviour in Australia?
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:45:45 +0000
Abundance of the Common Blackbird is almost constant in Canberra. Minimal
change through the year (as from the results of 21 years of our Garden Birds
Survey, as in my book). And that variation is entirely explainable by
changes in levels of conspicuousness. No suggestion of any regular movements
in or out of our region. Similar results from the ACT Bird Atlas. In marked
contrast to the many native species that show very strong seasonal or
monthly changes in abundance due to migrations.

Philip