birding-aus

names

To: "calyptorhynchus ." <>, "" <>
Subject: names
From: John Graff <>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 03:09:12 +0000
Agree re. Swan River Honeyeater John - that's why the name has been revised to
Gilbert's Honeyeater (by IOC and Clements at least). Western White-naped has
its own issues as I think it's genetically closer to Brown-headed than
White-naped

And you say "sometimes a geographical name is better than shorter one", but the
name you reject is also geographical.........I'd suggest more a case of looking
for an accurate and appropriate name!

J.