birding-aus

Heavily tinted car windows + birding

To: "" <>
Subject: Heavily tinted car windows + birding
From: Chris Corben <>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 03:28:31 +0000
I wouldn't touch it with a 12 metre pole, but am happy to see others
contradict that.

1) In the tropics the sun is high over head in the heat of the day, so
the roof of your car will be far more important to how much heat ends up
inside. A shiny white roof must help!

2) Tinted windows force you to use your eyes with the pupils more open
which reduces your focusing ability, especially with age and reduced
flexibility of the lens. If it's not a problem in the heat of day, it
will be an issue in the twilight.

3) If you really like wearing sunglasses when birding, then it may not
be much of an issue for you. But you can easily take sunglasses off.
Window glass is a more permanent hindrance.

I have never liked birding behind tinted windows. You can just see
better through clear glass. Clearer the better in my view!

Cheers, Chris.

--

Chris Corben.

<HR>