birding-aus

Camera.

To: "" <>
Subject: Camera.
From: Barney Enders <>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 00:57:03 +0000
A big thanks to all the people that took the time to send me suggestions on
how to fix my problem with the Canon 7 D camera, I got some very in-depth

suggestions where a lot of thought had gone into helping me solve the
problem and how to use the camera avoiding using T V.

I'm pleased to say the problem has now been solved and it didn't cost me the
$1000 as Canon suggested for a new Main Circuit Board.

The solving of the problem was in the end quite simple when one can find the
right person with the right knowledge.

I rang Canon and was fortunate to get put onto a guy who was able to look up
the problem and then spent some time to find a 7 D in their workshop.

I was instructed to go to Clear all Custom Function and to click on C.Fn 1;
Exposure at the top doing so brought up a small sqr box in the R H C with
the

number 1 in it

Then instructed to scroll down to No 6 which showed  Safety Shift.  0 ;
Disable and below  1 Enable ( T V/A V )  Disable was highlighted and I
immediately

thought it should have been Enable which I was then told to highlight ,
thinking that was the problem, he told me no that it should be Disable and
to go

back to it which I did   ??????

"Now try your camera"    It works perfectly, problem solved for the cost of
a phone call, all because I got a fellow who wanted to help me.

All we did was change it from Disable to Enable and then back to Disable,
don't ask me how it fixed the problem but it did ????

After thanking him profusely , my attitude to Canon changed dramatically as
I have had some unpleasant experience's with them over the years , it's just

matter of getting the right person to take some time with you, the first one
was only interested in me sending it down to them.

Thanks once again.

Barney.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list