birding-aus

Spotting scope query

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Spotting scope query
From: Andrew Bell <>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 06:02:48 +0000
Nothing beats the clarity of the view through a good scope, but for
identification purposes by using a decent zoom/Tele on a digital camera then
enlarging the still shot on the camera screen I find always gives better
resolution of identification marks than I can get with 10x40 binoculars - a
useful tool even if you don't keep the photo.

Cameras such as the Nikon D7200 which I use, or the P900 have wifi that lets
you see the live view image on a phone or iPad if you find that's useful -
haven't really tried but I use the wifi a lot for downloading photos from the
camera onto my iPad when travelling

Cheers

Andrew

Sent from my iPad