birding-aus

An interesting read - Why do we feed wild animals?

To: 'Greg and Val Clancy' <>
Subject: An interesting read - Why do we feed wild animals?
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 06:48:44 +0000
Maybe and I am not disagreeing, but is the distinction that big? Certainly
among Australian finches the social aspect of bathing is clear. It is a
social activity and the sight of some birds bathing influences others to
join them. This is easily shown in captive birds. I think this behaviour
must occur in more than that group.

Philip