birding-aus

Tasmanian Fox Hoax or Fraud

To: "" <>
Subject: Tasmanian Fox Hoax or Fraud
From: Michael Honeyman <>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 00:02:30 +0000
It’s all about context of course - 2.6M pounds in 1963 is the equivalent of
about $90M now. So ‘only’ is a bit of a misnomer.

But if you have an axe to grind it’s easy to accept points of view that concur
with your own as ‘fact’.

mjh

Two relevant reports are

http://www.pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/FoxReview_Web.pdf
<http://www.pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/FoxReview_Web.pdf>

http://www.pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Fox_2009_Review.pdf
<http://www.pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Fox_2009_Review.pdf>

Interestingly however I cannot find another most relevant report,
previously available at
http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/Home/1?Open
<http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/Home/1?Open>  It now does not seem
to exist.  However I am pretty sure I downloaded a copy several years
ago and will post it if I can find it.  It deals with the main
recommendations that setup the original funding exercise.

It is interesting to note Tasmanian community reaction to this
controversy.  One radio commentator was heard to say "The Great Train
Robbery" netted only ?2.6 million.

Ian May
St Helens, Tasmania
<HR>