birding-aus

marketing and BirdLife

To: Messages Birding-aus <>
Subject: marketing and BirdLife
From: Shirley Cook <>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 19:04:30 +0000
Dear all,

I agree with most of the negatives that have been said about BirdLife
marketing.  It is sad that such a worthwhile organisation is creating such
antipathy in the eye of the public.  An example of the hard "corporate"
marketing is that the template that branches (must) use for their newsletters
has, amongst all the other "brand" stuff, a "donate" box.  This really makes me
annoyed.

However BirdLife is not alone in this hard marketing.  I stopped signing
on-line petitions because one is then immediately bombarded with every other
petition that is being run by that particular survey company!  It is
infuriating!  GetUp; Change.org etc etc   I make regular donations to a couple
of charities but that doesn't stop them sending regular letters asking for more
money (they do not have my email address!).

Grrr!

Shirley Cook
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list