birding-aus

BirdLife and marketing

To: "" <>
Subject: BirdLife and marketing
From: "calyptorhynchus ." <>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 10:08:45 +0000
I don't know whether I speak for a lot of people here, but my view is that
BirdLife Australia is not a very effective organisation and its
predecessors, the RAOU, Birds Australia... haven't been either.

The CEO writes "Sadly, government funding for long term conservation
programs like Shorebirds ended in mid 2013 (and, frankly, it's not coming
back)." Well, the RAOU was founded over a 100 years ago, what was it doing
during that time such that there is no odium or penalty attached to
governments who don't support the environment? Why did it not influence
public discourse throughout this period, and why does it not influence now,
such that this blithe acceptance of inevitability of government
indifference is acceptable?

--
John Leonard
Canberra

I want to be with the 9,999 other things.
<HR>
<BR>