birding-aus

telescopes

To: 'Stephen' <>, "" <>
Subject: telescopes
From: "Ross Macfarlane (TPG)" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:20:25 +0000
I bought my Dad this Bushnell Spacemaster in 2009:
http://bushnell.com/wildlife/spotting-scopes/spacemaster/15-45,-25-x-50mm

... based on a search of birding-aus at the time, e.g.
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/2004-07/msg002
81.html

It is light enough to carry over your shoulder but Dad reports the lightness
makes it prone to being blown around by the wind which can be a problem if
you're spotting by a waterway.

You can still buy it for around $300 on line, although there may be newer
and better scopes.

Ross Macfarlane