birding-aus

Emus and Pines

To: "" <>
Subject: Emus and Pines
From: Andrew Hobbs <>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 23:51:00 +0000
Around Perth, Carnabys Black Cockatoos have become so dependent upon the
Gnangara Pine plantations as a food source that they have become the
subject of conservation efforts to preserve them. (They are being
removed in an effort to cut down on water removal by the trees from the
Gnangara Water Mound, a major source of underground water for Perth)

Andrew