birding-aus

suitable camera

To: "Paul Dodd" <>, "'Stephen'" <>, <>
Subject: suitable camera
From: "Jenny Stiles" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 10:42:04 +1100
Hi Paul,
I enjoyed your detailed suggestions for birding camera, but I was slightly surprised that you left out one of the better known makers of mirrorless cameras, Panasonic. We have the Panasonic G6. The body retails at about $799 & we use it with a 100-300mm image stabilised zoom lens about $799 [equivalent to 200-600] and for holidays use a "travel" lens 14-140mm [28-280 equivalent]. It is lightweight and has a Micro 4/3 sensor and while not as good as the canon set-up takes a pretty good photo for the price and is a lot easier to lug around!