birding-aus

Fw: cats

To: Michael Hunter <>
Subject: Fw: cats
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:41:23 +1100
I think the idea was that the cats of Asian origin might have been here much
longer, and might therefore have already done all the damage they're going to
do, not that they're less destructive.

But even if that's correct, if they're only found in the north then what do we
do about all these more recently introduced cats in the south?

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

> On 10 Mar 2015, at 5:25 pm, Michael Hunter <> wrote:
>
> Subject: Fw: cats
>
> The origin of Australia’s feral cats is interesting, but would anyone suggest
> that cats of Asian origin might be more or less adapted to preying on native
> birds, or to semi-desert conditions, than those from Europe?  Possible I
> guess.
>
> There can be little argument that grazing has altered the semi-desert
> environment and thus possibly improving the opportunity for predation by cats.
>
>             Cheers   Michael
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>