birding-aus

Brush-tailed Rabbit-rat

To: "Philip Veerman" <>
Subject: Brush-tailed Rabbit-rat
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 18:58:36 +1000
Philip,
The 'rabbit-rats' have broad, blunt faces with large ears and eyes; they are large rats, well worth catching for a meal. It is from these features they get their old English name. A skull, minus incisors is not immediately rat like in appearance.

Hope life is treating you well in 'temperate' Canberra.
Alan

Alan's Wildlife Tours
2 Mather Road
Yungaburra 4884