birding-aus

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update

To: "" <>
Subject: Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update
From: Bill Stent <>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 08:27:58 +1000
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 4 Aug 2014 06:52:42 +1000

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 3 Aug 2014.
 Sun 3 Aug White-eared Monarch Gold Creek Reservoir
Single bird seen near the picnic area, in shrubs along the creek.
Eve Belisle

 Fri 1 Aug Varied Triller Tingalpa Reserve, Chadwell St, Ransome, Brisbane
Down along the "creek walk" track
jeremy wynne

  Black-breasted Button-quail Inskip Point Recreation Area
Third time lucky! I've been to this site twice before over the last couple
of years, but haven't managed to get onto this species. Today I found one
adult male BBBQ in the company of a pair of Bar-shouldered Doves. All three
birds were feeding on the ground near a large fig tree along the track to
the point from the carpark. The tree should be obvious, as it was filled
with squabbling Figbirds this morning. Inskip was very 'birdy' this
morning, despite the large number of 4WD's noisily making their way towards
the barge to Fraser. I saw the BBBQ at around 9:30.
Elliot Leach

  Albert's Lyrebird Mt.Tambourine(Witches Falls)
I was very thrilled to find and photograph a number of Albert's Lyrebirds
this morning. It was a special moment watching a number of these birds
display. I believe that I found 8 separate individuals during a 3 hour
wander on the bottom track but I could be wrong as some could have crossed
the track. Calling loudly and displaying beautifully!
Bernie OKeefe

  Red-winged Parrot Lancewood Place Moggill
One bird only flew into my yard and fed with pale headed Rosellas for about
ten minutes, then flew off. I was able to approach the Parrot within
3metres to get nice photos.
Lloyd Bullock

 Wed 30 Jul Asian Dowitcher and Asian Gull-billed Tern Toorbul Artificial
Roost
The previously well reported birds still present this afternoon. Full lists
on eBird.
Sarah Beavis

 Tue 29 Jul Cotton Pygmy Goose Sandgate--Dowse Lagoon
Now 7 Cotton Pygmy Geese plus 4 Australasian Shoveler on lagoon late this
afternoon
Chris Attewell

 Mon 28 Jul Double-banded Plover Wellington Point ( Low Tide )
Not too much at the point this time of year but saw a few Double-banded
Plovers at low tide this afternoon with this one in breeding plumage.
Ken Doy

 Sun 27 Jul Painted Honeyeater Gregory Development Road, 22km s. of
Greenvale
Stopped to view a large feeding group of Masked and White-browed
Woodswallows in an area of flowering and heard the familiar Painted
Honeyeater call. Photographed (not very well) one of the birds whilst the
other was calling a little way off.
Michael Wood

 Fri 18 Jul Black-breasted Button-quail Noosa NP along coastal track

Edward Rickson