birding-aus

Cats and Dogs

To: Greg and Val Clancy <>
Subject: Cats and Dogs
From: David Clark <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 22:36:04 +1000
Good points Greg

I think the evidence indicates that eradicating dingoes has a negative
effect on biodiversity (as does eradicating top predators in other
ecosystems).

I saw a program on TV a while back where a sheep producer introduced
Maremma sheep dogs and virtually eliminated dingo predation on his sheep.
The dingoes continued to take cats, foxes, rabbits and marsupials with an
overall improvement in the biodiversity and productivity of the property.

Cheers

David