birding-aus

PNG Visas

Subject: PNG Visas
From: Frank O'Connor <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 18:15:57 +0800

Australians now need a tourist visa before arriving in PNG. No charge. I think this started about February. I sent my passport and the form to the High Commission in Canberra. 3+ weeks later I tried emailing and phoning them. No answer, but they finally answered on the phone on the third day I tried and thankfully they found my application very easily in their in tray and said they would process my visa that day (last Monday 4 weeks after I sent it). Thankfully I got it back three days before I am due to leave.

This email is simply to warn others. You might be better off sending the application to the Brisbane or Sydney office, or obviously take it in person if you live there. Otherwise don't wait to the three week mark that they said would be the longest time to process.

Now to see the birds...