birding-aus

a bird?

To: Chris Corben <>,
Subject: a bird?
From: Chris Charles <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 18:10:40 +1000
Hi Chris, Frank,
Our local (Chatswood NSW) Powerful Owls are seen holding Brushtails from time
to time but Ringtails are their staple.
Judging by the quantity of jaw bones in their pellets they eat a lot of possum
heads.
Over the past 10 years of observing them at their day roosts & nest hollows I
have never found a possum head, & only occasionally a small bit such as a foot.

Chris Charles

Licole Monopods
http://www.licole.com.au