birding-aus

Does Australia Have Too Many National Parks?

To: Burnice Starkey <>
Subject: Does Australia Have Too Many National Parks?
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 14:42:37 +1100
I quite agree - some industries seem to be protected (logging and chocolate
making), others (cars, fruit canning and maye airlines) not so. And most
experts agree that people may well have to have several different careers
during a life time of working,
However - it cannot be denied that we use a lot of paper - more so since
the "paperless office" became a reality if you believe statistics (I have
worked with many people who insist on printing all their emails and then
file them!). And this has to come from somewhere and much of it comes from
timber. And we also use timber in many other ways as well of course. So I
think there is certainly a future for logging and loggers - but I just hope
that it is all in plantations!