birding-aus

Does Australia Have Too Many National Parks?

To: "" <>
Subject: Does Australia Have Too Many National Parks?
From: Burnice Starkey <>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:35:35 +1000
As a bird- loving, tree-hugging leftie conservationalist, I can proudly say
that while working from the age of 15 to eventually finance my Uni education, I
have also managed to re-educate myself several times changing my career as
necessity demanded. It strikes me as extreme narrow-mindedness to think "once a
logger always a logger". It also insults people's ability to adjust and adapt.
While redundancies seem the norm for other occupations, the timber industry,
still set in yester year see no alternatives for their future.
Well here's another thought: Tasmania heralded as the future food producer of
Australia with climate changing in other states to their detriment, could and
will pick up the market. Would this generate employment? Probably. Is it
possible to make a horizontal career move? Quite likely. The last question is:
what is stopping you? Yourself?

Short term "me mentality" and obstinacy will not only harm our generation but
also the future of our country, flora, fauna, air quality and food resources.
Can we try to expand our vision and see our place in the world as a contributor
not purely a consumer.

Ps It's Saturday a no working day for some.

Burney.
Burnice Starkey.

Sent from my generic tablet device