birding-aus

WTP Map

To: "" <>
Subject: WTP Map
From: Michael Joseph Murray <>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:19:32 +0000
Hi,
  I had similar issues when I started going to WTP about a year ago. I know
my way around now but still see place names on Birdline that I can't locate
(e.g. Where is Kirk's Pt?).
  If there isn't a more detailed map available I suggest that I coordinate
the production of an improved map using contributed knowledge from more
experienced WTP-goers.
  I am open to suggestions about how this might be achieved but a simple way
would be for individuals who would like to be involved, contacting me by
email - I would send them a PDF file that I have already put together based
on a composite of Google Maps images. They could then add placenames to this
using whatever program they like (e.g. Preview on a Mac is good), and email
them back to me.
  I¹ll compile everything into a new PDF map and make it available.
  The GoogleMap image background would probably need to be replaced with a
schematic further down the track - though we could check with Google.

  What do people think of this idea?

Best wishes,
Mike Murray