birding-aus

Laughing Gull at Cairns Esplanade?

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Laughing Gull at Cairns Esplanade?
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:37:13 +1000
      Ian Cowan wrote:

“I have sent Kellie Harman a message this morning via Eremaea messaging asking
for a more precise location along the Esplanade - no reply yet but she is
probably out and about enjoying her holidays I did receive the following from
Kath Shurcliffe who is one of the Queensland moderators for Eremaea "I
understand the Laughing Gull has not been confirmed. One of the other
moderators is chasing that one up for more details. So we are awaiting
additional information, or a confirmation sighting."

Please note I am not ‘having a go’ at Ian but.............
Kellie Harman’s list for 15/07/2013 on Eremaea shows (as at 6:40 pm 18 July
2013) that the report of a Laughing Gull at the Cairns Esplanade is “approved”.
Is “approved” not the same as “confirmed”?
If so, is that why that sighting does not yet appear on the “Birdline North
Queensland Recent Sightings” page?

Please note I am posting this here as my experience has been that question sent
directly to Eremaea can take weeks to be answered.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld