birding-aus

Why the Night Parrot call recording should not be made freely available.

To: Michael Todd <>, "" <>
Subject: Why the Night Parrot call recording should not be made freely available.
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 00:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
I totally agree with Mick,

Every birder knows that calls are the key to cryptic species, and it comes as
no surprise that this was the case with the Night Parrot. I just don't know
what people think is going to happen if/when the call is released. Imagine it -
you have the call of the Night Parrot on your phone, CD, cassette, whatever -
then what?? You're still basically back at square one as far as locating birds
is concerned.

I challenge everyone who has the call of the Regent Honeyeater to go out and
find one!

Mick