birding-aus

Night parrot question

To: "'Jeremy O'Wheel'" <>, "'Alan Stuart'" <>
Subject: Night parrot question
From: "Tony Palliser" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:22:18 +1000
Yes Jeremy is correct over the years BARC has reviewed just 5 cases of Night
Parrot and one of these (The Minga Well sighting) was accepted with 7 votes
in favour and the others were considered at least plausible.

Case No. 012 Mt Bannerman, WA - 01-Dec-75
Case No. 042 Birdsville, QLD - 20-Oct-80
Case No. 188 Eulo Bore, QLD - 20-Oct-99
Case No. 506 Minga Well, WA - 12-Apr-05
Case No. 651 Mr Nullagine, QLD 02-Jun-10

Additionally I have heard of a few other apparent sightings too.  To now
have confirmation is of course just outstanding, congratulations to John and
all involved.

Regards,
Tony