birding-aus

Fwd: Re: Ethics in Bird-Photography

Subject: Fwd: Re: Ethics in Bird-Photography
From: Chris Ross <>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:47:49 +1000
I'm a bird photographer also, I agree/  most/  Australian photographers behave
themselves when out getting shots, putting the welfare of the subject first.
But these ethics take time to embed.

Not always the case in Asia unfortunately as I have seen when over there with
large groups mobbing nesting birds or using playback incessantly.  Luckily if
that is the right word many species become tolerant of the particular call and
soon ignore it, but not all unfortunately..

But as I've found over the years in all pursuits and walks of life there are
some who think the rules apply to someone else, be it drivers on the road, bird
photographers, twitchers, fishermen etc etc. and they are generally evenly
distributed and in similar percentages among those populations.

Photographers of course are highly visible carrying those big lenses around the
place.

Best regards,

Chris Ross