birding-aus

Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update
Date: 29 Apr 2013 01:31:53 +1000

Birdline Northern Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 28 Apr 2013.

Tue 23 Apr Freckled Duck, Chestnut Teal, Red-necked Stint Alice Springs Waste Stabilisation Ponds
List combining morning count during water sampling and an afternoon visit with Greg Oakley. Still no Black Swans. Freckled Duck (3) Breaking a decent drought for sightings of this species here. Chestnut Teal (1) Single male in reasonably bright plumage. Red-necked Stint (30) Many coming into breeding plumage and two with leg flags (reported to AWSG). Foraging busily between SAA040 and SAA045.
Christopher Watson

Mon 22 Apr Beach Thick-Knee Lee Point
One bird seen feeding amongst rocks on the beach out from the car park at Lee Point Darwin.
Greg Smith

Sun 21 Apr Pictorella Mannikin Central Arnhem Highway at 14deg 33' 36' S 133deg 3' 57' E
Stopped here as there was a large flock of Fairy Martins present and a Pratincole which drew my attention to stop. Spent all time within 100m of road. A light burn had occurred through the speargrass on the southern side of the road, the northern side was thich seeding speargrass. Pictorella Mannikin (6) In thick speargrass in company of Chesnut-breasted's. At least another 6 flew away on my approach. My photo only good enough for ID purposes -sorry!!
Mick Jerram

Birdline Northern Territory is hosted by Eremaea Birds.