birding-aus

breaches of ducking shooting regulations

Subject: breaches of ducking shooting regulations
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 05:57:52 +1100
I live at Leopold on the eastern rise from Reedy lake (a state game reserve in
Victoria) . Nearly every morning I am woken by 'bang bang quack quack'. This
morning shooting started at 5am...2 hours before legal starting time and in
pitch blackness..even the legal half an hour before sunrise is too dark for
adequate species identification in my opinion. Anyway at this hour of the
morning who can this be reported to that would take action? It seems safety
issues renders regulation of this activity near impossible.