birding-aus

shooting in national parks

To: Mark Clayton <>
Subject: shooting in national parks
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 17:24:49 +1100
Mark, Denise et al,

The list of native bird species that will be allowed to be shot in NSW are set
out in the Game and feral Animal Control Further Amendment Act 2012 Schedule 1
Part 1A, which can be found here;
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/gafacfaa2012399/sch1.html

To save people having to trawl through the legislation I have attached the list
of species.

Part 1A - Native game birds (licence required to hunt on private land)

Note: Additions or omissions to the following list of native game birds may
only be made by Act of Parliament and not by Ministerial order under section 5.
Ducks Australian Shelduck or Mountain Duck (Tadorna tadornoides)
Australian Wood Duck or Maned Duck (Chenonetta jubata)
Black Duck or Pacific Black Duck (Anas superciliosa)
Blue-winged Shoveler or Australasian Shoveler (Anas rhynchotis)
Chestnut Teal (Anas castanea)
Grass Whistling Duck or Plumed Whistling Duck (Dendrocygna eytoni)
Grey Teal (Anas gibberifrons)
Hardhead Duck or White-eyed Duck (Aythya australis)
Pink-eared Duck (Malacorhynchus membranaceus)
Water Whistling Duck, Wandering Whistling Duck or Whistling or Wandering Tree
Duck (Dendrocygna arcuata)
Quails Brown Quail (Coturnix ypsilophora)
Stubble Quail (Coturnix pectoralis)
Pigeons Common Bronzewing Pigeon (Phaps chalcoptera)
Crested Pigeon (Ocyphaps lophotes)
At present, hunting of native Game Birds will only be allowed on private
property. This will conveniently prevent protesters getting in the way of our
trusty little Nimrods. Anyone who ties to protest will no doubt find themselves
charged with trespass. Don't why Mr Baillieu didn't think of that.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford