birding-aus

Using call playback in bird watching and bird photography.

To: David Stowe <>
Subject: Using call playback in bird watching and bird photography.
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:49:53 +1000
Yes David, I do have entirely too much time on my hands, thanks to two serious
heart diseases. I was given ten years to live in 2003, so on the other hand,
you might say that this excess time problem will soon be solved.

On a serious note though, no amount of hand wringing and breast beating on B-A
will not modify those types of behaviour that Bob described. As a former
regulatory compliance officer, I can tell you that a visit from a person in
uniform, who asks interesting questions and Writes them down in their notebook,
is a great behaviour modifier. The vast majority of people that I have visited
for such a chat, in which I quietly explained what the possible effects on
their finances would be if they continued to behave in such a way, did not need
my counseling services again. I preferred the softly, softly approach, much
more productive. I always carried a big stick in the back pocket.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford