birding-aus

RFI California, Oregon, Washington state, Vancouver

To: <>
Subject: RFI California, Oregon, Washington state, Vancouver
From: "Paul G Dodd" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 10:17:10 +1000
Hi birders,

Ruth and I are heading to the west coast of the USA in a couple of weeks for
a holiday. We have never birded there before (despite the fact that I seem
to spend a good proportion of my time there), so pretty much everything
would be new to us. We fly into LA, and I am going to hire a vehicle of some
sort - I don't mind heading south towards Orange County (where my office
is), as I would like to bird the Bolsa Chica wetlands and other spots
nearby. From there we'll wind our way northwards through California, Oregon,
Washington state and ultimately to Vancouver.

I would welcome any suggestions - must-visit birding spots, potential guides
or people to contact, and must-see birds. We are particularly interested in
seeing Tufted Puffins, hummingbirds of any and all kinds and possibly Horned
Puffins off British Columbia (I am not sure how far south they come in
summer).

Thanks in advance,

Paul Dodd

Docklands, Victoria