birding-aus

Help with ID on a duck please

To: Robert Inglis <>,
Subject: Help with ID on a duck please
From: Ed Williams <>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 11:19:59 +1000
Cheers Bon for your thorough and well written reply.

Perhaps my monitor is misaligned as the eyes genuinely do look red to me... (I
can check on my iPad later to compare colours)

Also, I should have added that I am from the UK so have seen many a pintail in
the past and the eyes have always looked brown in the field to me.

Anyway it is a strange bird so David was right to post it - and it is always
good for these ID debates.

Wishing everyone a great weekend,

Ed

Ed Williams