birding-aus

Barbary Dove, Adelaide

To: "BirdingAus" <>
Subject: Barbary Dove, Adelaide
From: "Russ Lamb" <>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:24:48 +1000
Thanks to all those who provided info. on Barbary Dove sites in Adelaide. I
failed spectacularly, seeing more Barbary sheep (Adelaide & Monarto zoos) than
I did doves. The following sites were visited, some a number of times:
Magazine Rd, Dry Creek
Sampson Rd., Elizabeth
Roscommon Rd, Salisbury
OG Road, Klemzig (Costless Plants, where I was gleefully informed on each visit
"they were here last week")
54 Oaklands Rd, Somerton Rd, Oaklands Park
Ballara Ave, Warradale
10 Lily Ave, Campbelltown
Durant St/Netherby Ave, Plympton
Cnr. Oaklands & Diagonal Rds., Somerton Park
Emma St, Marino Rocks
Greenfields Wetlands carpark.
    My spouse/navigator became increasingly bemused and disinterested, but not
before asking how did I know they weren't in adjoining streets, a completely
reasonable question for which I had, wisely, no answer. Having reacquainted
myself with Adelaide's streetology,I am resisting the urge to apply for an taxi
licence.
  Needless to say, I am NOT interested in hearing who may have seen this
abomination of a bird in Adelaide in recent weeks.

Sheepishly,
                 Russ Lamb, Maleny,SEQ