birding-aus

Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update GREAT SHEARWATER

To: Mick Roderick <>
Subject: Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update GREAT SHEARWATER
From: Mark Young <>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:25:13 +1100
Hi Mick,

I like your approach, it's a great encouragement for novices like myself
when trying to ID new birds.

I remember the first time I saw a Bassian Thrush. All I could do was point
at it and yell 'It looks like a Pacific Golden Plover, but it's not'! And
likewise the first time I saw a white morph of a Grey Goshawk I pointed and
yelled 'It's not a Cockatoo!

On the plus side I can ID Pelicans from at least 100 yards away! (just the
aussie ones though) ;)

Regards,
Mark