birding-aus

New Bird Life logo

To: "" <>
Subject: New Bird Life logo
From: Geoff Hutchinson <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 02:54:53 -0800 (PST)
I hope I am not stepping out of line here but I thought that I should shear
this with you.
I also was left a little looking for more punch when I first saw the logo. I am
still  not sure, it is still looking a bit like a peace dove. But I don't
dislike it and I think that we will all come to accept it as a symbol with the
logo and the words 'birdlife'

I wont to share some words with you they are not mine they are the marketing
teams words.

Geoff Hutchinson
 "Brandmark
The iconic bird is the BirdLife Australia brandmark. The flow of the shape
represents a bird in motion. It is forward moving and optimistic. The brandmark
symbolises all birds, it is not specific to any species. It is shown within a
nest to represent rebirth and harmony with nature: a nurturing relationship in
balance with the environment.
The colour blue is both relevant to birds in the sky and birds in water. The
three graphic ribbon shapes are inspired by a moving bird, their feathers
cascading in an elegant rhythm. "