birding-aus

Buying USA versus Australia

To: "" <>
Subject: Buying USA versus Australia
From: "Valentine, Peter" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:37:57 -0800
Like others, I have bought from B&H a few years ago but with the strength of
the Australian dollar the differences in prices are not much now. I believe
some companies have also adjusted their regional pricing system. I had
purchased Swarovski binoculars from both Adelaide Optics and also from Bintel,
but most recently I could not get a response from Bintel for a Swarovski Scope
so I did what a number of birding colleagues in Townsville have been doing,
asked our local photographic shop for a quote. That proved a winner all round
and also, the camera store is now stocking Swarovski bins and scopes.
Townsville has got a healthy population of active birders, but I suspect there
must be options to go local elsewhere. In the case of Swarovski the after sales
service in Australia is fantastic.

Peter Valentine