birding-aus

RFI Rock Parrot and Perth-Bunbury birding

To: <>
Subject: RFI Rock Parrot and Perth-Bunbury birding
From: "Peter Taylor" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:18:26 +0800
Hi Arwen

On your way south from Perth Airport along the Tonkin Highway you might like to have a look at Ellis Brook Valley Reserve (turn left at Gosnells Rd East and follow the signs). I found Red-eared Firetail in the upper carpark and between there and the waterfalls there were Western Rosella, White-breasted Robin and Red-winged Fairywren. I was also lucky enough to briefly see a Square-taile Kite hunting further upslope. At the lower carpark (Honeyeater Hollow) were Western Wattlebird, Red-capped Parrot, Baudin's Black-Cockatoo, Splendid Fairywren and Mistletoebird. Aptly named, this area was teeming with White-cheeked, New Holland, Brown, White-naped and Singing Honeyeaters a couple of weeks ago.

cheers

Peter Taylor
Birding South West
http://birding-southwest.mysouthwest.com.au/