birding-aus

RFI Rock Parrot and Perth-Bunbury birding

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: RFI Rock Parrot and Perth-Bunbury birding
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:40:37 +1000
Hello All,

I have 5 hours to get from Perth airport to Bunbury next weekend so will have a
little time for birding and am wondering what best to do (at a reasonably
sedate pace).

I dipped on Rock Parrot a few years ago (at Cape Leeuwin, a very painful
experience) and am wondering what the likelihood is of catching up with one at
Cape Peron (or anywhere else there)? There are so many other options though
(thanks to Frank O'Connor's and BA WA's websites), and I don't really want to
go to Cape Peron and dip again and then miss out on looking at other places
e.g. Wungong Gorge. This looks like it's one of the best places to go for
endemics in that area. (I would also like to see a Red-eared Firetail and a
Red-winged Fairy-wren if that's not asking too much).

Any suggestions?

TIA, Arwen

Arwen Blackwood Ximenes