birding-aus

Hoping to contact Mr Graeme Chapman

Subject: Hoping to contact Mr Graeme Chapman
From: Cherie Saxby <>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:45:50 +1000
Dear Birding Australia,

I am contacting you in the hope that you may be able to help me. Mr Kurtis
Lindsay of Birds Australia suggested that you may be able to help. I am
trying to contact the Ornithologist and Photographer, Mr. Graeme Chapman.

I am fighting to save a piece of regionally important woodland habitat from
destruction for an industrial development. Our website is
savecooperspaddock.com
As part of that battle I am putting together a booklet with photographs of
all the 100-odd species recorded in the Paddock. It will make a powerful
difference when the ministers, councillors and planning staff see images of
what they are being asked to protect, instead of reading a list.

There are a number of images of Mr Chapman's which would add great value to
the booklet. I would like to ask his permission to use the images, and if
possible for high resolution files. So far I have not been able to contact
him, and I wonder if he may be a member of your organisation? Would there be
any way you would be able to forward my enquiry to him? I have attached a
brief letter.

Yours faithfully,
Cherie Saxby

--

*Some of the species seen at Cooper’s Paddock:** *
*Raptors:* Collared Sparrowhawk, White Bellied Sea Eagle, Brown Goshawk,
Grey Goshawk. *Night Birds:* Powerful Owl, Tawny Frogmouth, Barn Owl. *
Parrots:* Little Lorikeet, Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Red Rumped Parrot,
Galah, Eastern Rosella, Crimson Rosella, Rainbow Lorikeets, Little Corella,
Long-Billed Corella, Scaly-Breasted Lorikeet
*****Honeyeaters:*Black-Chinned Honeyeater, New Holland Honeyeater,
White-Plumed Honeyeater,
Lewin's Honeyeater, Bell Miner, Little Wattlebird, Red Wattlebird. *Forest
Birds:* Eastern Whipbird, Australian Magpie, Grey Butcherbird, Pied
Butcherbird, Pied Currawong, Willie Wagtail, Magpie Lark, Australian
Raven, Varied
Sittella, Spotted Pardalote, Golden Headed Cisticola, Brown Thornbill,
Australian Reed-Warbler, Eastern Yellow Robin, Silvereye, Yellow Thornbill,
Eastern Spinebill, Dusky Woodswallow, Grey Fantail, Jacky Winter, Fairy
Martin, Brown Gerygone, Superb Fairy-wren, White-Browed Scrubwren,
Red-browed Finch, Welcome Swallow, Black-Faced Cuckoo-Shrikes, Red
Wattlebirds, White-Bellied Cuckoo-Shrikes, Crested Shrike-Tit, Dollarbird,
Rufous Fantail, Satin Flycatcher.  *Quails:* Painted Button-Quail, Brown
Quail. *Water Birds:* Little Pied Cormorant, Great Cormorant, Pied
Cormorant, Little Black Cormorant, Maned Goose, Pacific Black Duck, Musk
Duck, Chestnut Teal, Egret, Dusky Moorhen, White Faced Heron, Pelican,
Australasian Darter, Masked Lapwing, Australian White Ibis.
*Kingfishers:*Azure Kingfisher, Sacred Kingfisher, Forest Kingfisher,
Kookaburra.
*****Mammals: *Grey Headed Flying Fox, Yellow Bellied Sheathtail Bat, East
Coast Freetail Bat, Eastern Bentwing-Bat, Eastern Freetail-Bat, Gould's
Wattled Bat, Large-Footed Myotis, Long-Eared Bat, Little Forest Bat,
Southern Forest Bat, White-Striped Mastiff-Bat,. *Reptiles:* Delicate Skink,
Eastern Water Skink, Grass Skink, Three-Toed Skink, Red-Bellied Black Snake,
Weasel Skink, Eastern Water Dragon, Turtles. *Amphibians:* Laughing Tree
Frog. The Green and Golden Bellfrog has been recorded there. **