birding-aus

Sound Recording Bird Calls

To: Stewart Ford <>, Mike Carter <>, "David Stewart sen." <>, BIRDING-AUS <>
Subject: Sound Recording Bird Calls
From: Helen Larson <>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 01:29:19 +0100 (BST)
I second Stewart's call for suggestions! I don't have great hearing but started
thinking about recording bird calls/songs after my brother asked for PNG bird
calls to assist him in his work (he's anthropologist) and I had difficulty
sourcing some common birds through xeno-canto or Cornell etc. Plus after we
moved here to the Qld Wet Tropics from Darwin, we realised that many birds here
have different 'dialects' as well as colour.
Any help with ideas as to easiest/best gear to obtain (that doesn't weigh a ton
and is not cumbersome as I ain't very big) would be much appreciated.
Helen