birding-aus

Fw: Sound Recording Bird Calls

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Fw: Sound Recording Bird Calls
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:36:25 +1000
I've recently got myself some recording equipment, but I'm still on the steep
bit of the learning curve.

I'm interested in recording various mystery calls I've been hearing in the few
years I've been birding, and some of the calls that just don't appear on the
BOCA CDs, etc. I'm also hoping to use it for id, and so I can properly analyse
calls afterwards, because my hearing's not the best either, and I'd like to
find out what I'm missing out on.

Did David Stewart explain why he thinks more people should do this? I can't
argue with the fact that very few do, because I've only ever run into one other
person with recording gear in the last 5 years.

For those seeking information about equipment, the people on the
naturerecordists list on Yahoo are very helpful.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry