birding-aus

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 4 Apr 2011 01:31:08 +1000

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 3 Apr 2011.

Sat 2 Apr Glossy Black Cockatoo and Barred Cuckoo-shrike Anstead Bush Reserve
Two Glossy Black Cockatoos flew over the main car park, one calling repeatedly. There were three Barred Cuckoo-shrikes (1 ad, 2 imm) at the big fig tree near the old quarry by the river.
Rod Gardner

Thu 31 Mar Square-tailed Kite The Gap, Brisbane
Adult,flying North,2pm.Wittonga Park.
David Redhead

Rose-crowned Fruit-dove, Wonga Pigeon, Azure Kingfisher Gold Creek Reservoir, Gold Creek Road, Brookfield

Rob Morris

Tue 29 Mar White-eared, Black-faced and Spectacled Monarchs Gold Creek Reservoir, Gold Creek Road, Brookfield
6+ White-eared Monarchs (inc. a family party), 6+Black-faced Monarchs and many Spectacled Monarchs. The photo is a Black-faced!
Rob Morris

Barred Cuckoo-Shrike Gold Creek Reservoir, Gold Creek Road, Brookfield
2 in fruiting trees this am.
Rob Morris

Mon 28 Mar Powerful Owl Creekside Park Brookfield (Brisbane)
I was woken this morning at 3.30am by my local Boobooks which I see regularly in my Garden. Only they sounded slower and much deeper. As I slowly woke from my sleep I realised that they were not Boobooks but a pair of dueting Powerful Owls! I walked c.100m down to the Park where the birds where displaying to each other in tall trees by the river.
Rob Morris

Sun 27 Mar Black-faced Monarch, Cicadabird Nudgee Waterhole Reserve
Black-faced Monarch: 2 immature birds - plain grey faces but not Spectacled.. Cicadabird: M, F and Immature being fed. Being annoyed by Drongos..
Roger and Stephanie Ford

Lesser Frigatebird North Stradbroke Island
Male and female/imm over headland (2).
Colin Reid

Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo Bruce highway near Beerburrum
20+ birds in a flock fly around and perched
Ross Monks

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland is sponsored by Birds Australia Southern Queensland and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.