birding-aus

Another rarity on Christmas Island

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Another rarity on Christmas Island
From: Richard Baxter <>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 01:58:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
            Have heard that a ORIENTAL HONEY BUZZARD has been seen several
times over the last few days at Settlement on Christmas Island.

It has been seen in a tree in someones front yard only 200m from where we'll be
staying when we arrive on Sat the 5th March.

Incidently,  there has been a late withdrawal from our trip and there is a
vacancy for 1 x male.  Two weeks, 7 days CI, followed by 7 days Cocos.  As its
a last minute cancellation the trip is offered at a cheaper stand by rate.
Aifares, accomm etc already booked.

The long list of incredible vagrants on both islands is continuing and most
birds are still present.

Cheers
Richard Baxter

www.birdingtours.com.au